We use the IMLWatcher® quality assurance system from Intravis, as a complete package for the optical quality inspection of IML processes. We have been working exclusively with Intravis since 2016.
The IMLWatcher® is a software-based camera system exclusively designed to detect IML-specific defects. This quality assurance is turnkey and can be used immediately as an IML inspection system.
The integrated quick reference mode ensures automatic reference creation within a few seconds during ongoing measurement operation. This leads to significant time savings when setting up new products. In addition, the clearly structured user interface of the software facilitates the simple and intuitive operation of the IMLWatcher® and offers new, extended statistical functions. Thus, comprehensive production and error analysis is possible.
The following quality criteria are covered by the IMLWatcher®.
- Presence of the label
- Label identity
- Label fit and position (vertical, horizontal)
- Misprint on the label
- Overlaps and gaps at the label joint
- Back injection moulding
- Through holes
- Colour inspection of the label at the injection point
- Cutting offset of the label
- Offset of the printed image on the object
- Check for under- and overmoulding at the cup rim (optional)
- Inspection of the undecorated inside of the object
- Inspection of various codes (e.g. barcode, data matrix code, batch code)