We use the IMLWatcher® quality assurance system from Intravis, as a complete package for the optical quality inspection of IML processes. We have been working exclusively with Intravis since 2016.
The IMLWatcher® is a software-based camera system exclusively designed to detect IML-specific defects. This quality assurance is turnkey and can be used immediately as an IML inspection system.
The integrated quick reference mode ensures automatic reference creation within a few seconds during ongoing measurement operation. This leads to significant time savings when setting up new products. In addition, the clearly structured user interface of the software facilitates the simple and intuitive operation of the IMLWatcher® and offers new, extended statistical functions. Thus, comprehensive production and error analysis is possible.
The following quality criteria are covered by the IMLWatcher® :
- Presence of the label
- Label identity
- Label fit and position (vertical, horizontal)
- Misprint on the label
- Overlaps and gaps at the label joint
- Back injection moulding
- Through holes
- Colour inspection of the label at the injection point
- Cutting offset of the label
- Offset of the printed image on the object
- Check for under- and overmoulding at the cup rim (optional)
- Inspection of the undecorated inside of the object
- Inspection of various codes (e.g. barcode, data matrix code, batch code)
Most precise label alignment with the BECK adjustment head.
With today's IML systems, the positioning of the labels can change during operation. This can occur due to a magazine change, label change or within a label stack due to cutting tolerances. The BECK adjustment head detects these irregularities and aligns the labels precisely. It is used where value is placed on an exactly positioned label.
The BECK adjustment head is part of the IML system. It picks up individual labels, measures and positions them in the desired position. The head is mounted on the transport unit, which loads the core dummy with labels. On the transport path between the magazine and the core dummy, the adjustment head precisely aligns the label, thus increasing positioning accuracy and ultimately reducing waste and manual fine adjustments.
The adjustment head is designed so that it can be retrofitted to most existing IML systems. The space requirement is equivalent to the classic angular delivery of the label transport.
- Improved label positioning accuracy
- Reduction of operator workload
- Reduction of the risk of incorrect manipulation
- Reduction of rejects